Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Last days

Well for me it's been an interesting couple of days with mixed emotions. I'm glad I gave myself a few days to recover.
We have returned Ian to Vienna along with a stopover in Bratislava to do the tourist thing. Coming home we took the back roads and managed an international boarder crossing by a barge powered by a Mercury outbaord.
Yesterday we returned JT to its owner in Czech , at Kunovice airfield. Again we got a great tour of facilities and all 4 of us had a flight in a Eurofox! The return trip was made exciting with the addition of a thunderstorm.
Today we drove to the Low Tatras and took a ski lift almost to the top of Chopok (on of the turnpoints) with a walk to the summit. I was extremely interested in the weather and winds from the ground and I'm sure the other were impressed by the scenery and the rugged mountains.
We ended up too late to tour the ice caves but the drive home again was scenic.

Tomorrow the bags get packed and the last of us Aussies leave Prievidza in the morning.
I've added some photos to the gallery of our travels.

with regards,

Mike

No comments: