Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nitra - we are here !

Well, it's been a hectic few days but we have established ourselves at Nitra on our way to Prievidza. Brendan and Jana and not to mention the locals are going out of their way to accomodate us. Charlie is doing admirably at left hand driving with only one major incursion on the wrong side of the road. I have been to the hospital and obtained a Slovakian aviation medical as part of my quest for a license. Yesterday I got to fly in the DG1000 for my official flight test. This ended up being 1 1/2 hours cross country of 100km ! takeoff 4:30pm landing at 6pm. This was really exciting, the countryside is great, not too scary; mountains, castles, rivers, lush crops and forests.

See if you can spot the dingo flag on the caravan at http://www.pribinacup.sk/2009/webcam-2.html.

Tonight we move on to Prievidza and set up base. Hopefully, I'll get some time to expand on our adventure so far.

No comments: